2008年1月14日星期一

What Could Have Been


Illusionist Criss Angel is really opening up for the first time about his aborted performance with Britney Spears at the MTV Video Music Awards.

He explains:

"With Britney I presented concepts to create, within her performance, illusions that would happen in the open. You would see Britney and then she would split into two Britneys and then four Britneys with no boxes or covers. It would just be a visual effect using no screens. People in the past have used the art of magic in music performances but mostly in a cheesy way. Magic has not kept up with popular culture and technology.

"Other things I wanted to do with her was to literally transform her into birds and then for her to reappear in the audience. I also thought of having her levitate over the audience. It was going to be really visual moments that were all epic tableaux that were beautiful, artistic, elegant and, most important, unique — things MTV hasn't seen in music. I wanted to captivate people in the moment. That was the essence of what I wanted to do with the Britney performance, because I think the performance she did with the snake was a highlight of her career and I wanted to trump that and I thought we had it."

So, what happened?

"Britney is really strong with her own ideas. And what I had planned wasn't an easy thing to do and would have required a lot of rehearsals. Ultimately, I told her I needed 100% commitment or I wasn't going to be able to do this. I told her that, 'You have to feel comfortable.' So, we explored it and she decided it wasn't for her, and I completely understand."

没有评论: